The Holy Grail of Media Asset Management (according to ZDNet)
NeoFinder (was CDFinder) quickly catalogs and manages your entire media and disk library, and your backup archive.
NeoFinder keeps track of your documents, photos, songs, movies, and folders wherever they are stored.
NeoFinder is your digital treasure chest! It even manages your Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer documents.
Catalog your digital data: SSD, hard disks (internal, external, USB, FireWire, Thunderbolt, HFS+, APFS, NTFS, ExFAT, FAT32), server volumes (AFP, SMB, FTP, Dropbox, Backblaze B2), Blu-rays, LTO volumes, USB sticks, DVD-ROMs, Audio-CDs, and get a full inventory of all files, folders, and important metadata, including thumbnails for your photos, songs, video files and other documents.
Find your files NOW! Whatever you need to find, NeoFinder knows where it is! If you are a desktop user, or work in a small or large network, you stay in control of your data at any time.
How to make the transition from iView to NeoFinder?
- The most powerful Find options to locate your digital treasures.
- Tell NeoFinder what you are looking for and get the best results.
- Find Duplicates or unique files
- Also search Spotlight, to find local files as well.
- Smart Folders.
- Search for similar photos.
- Generate beautiful thumbnails of your photo archive.
- JPG, TIFF, RAW, DNG, HEIC, PDF, EPS, AI, and more...
- Catalog and searches Adobe XMP, IPTC and EXIF metadata.
- GPS geotags for the Geo Photo Management.
- Generate beautiful Photo Contact Sheets.
- Lossless photo rotation.
- Create Web Galleries.
- Catalog your songs, metadata included (MP3, AAC, FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, WAV, SoundDesigner 2, Broadcast Wave Format BWF).
- Read ISRC, cover art, and lyrics.
- Generate audio previews.
- Catalog Audio-CDs.
- Quickly find all of your music.
- Catalog thumbnails and metadata of video files.
- Supports all Mac supported movie formats, including .mov, .avi, .m4v, .mkv, .flv, and others with ffmpeg.
- Catalog Elgato EyeTV recordings, and RED .r3d files.
- Native BlackMagic RAW support with thumbnails and metadata.
- Movie Contact Sheets.
- Share your NeoFinder database in your network with other Macs, or Windows machines (using abeMeda for Windows).
- Advertising agencies and graphic designers really love that feature.
- NeoFinder easily handles thousands of SSD, hard disks, server volumes, NAS, DVDs, Blu-rays, RAID, CDs, Dropbox, Backblaze B2, anything.
- Millions of files? 500 Terabytes of data? Yes, NeoFinder can!
- Add ratings, keywords, descriptions, people, copyright information, location data, and a lot more to your photos and videos.
- NeoFinder uses the standard Adobe XMP format for this, and makes the data immediately available to the other tools in your workflow.
- Metadata Presets for fast tagging.
- Create custom annotations fields for any data you need.
iPhone / iPad
- Only NeoFinder is also available for the iPhone and iPad.
- Keep your NeoFinder catalogs with you all the time, and search them wherever you are.
- Eight languages, all in one application: English, German, Japanese, French, Italian, Swedish, Spanish, and Dutch.
- And with the complete Unicode support, NeoFinder of course catalogs files of any language!
- More than 106,000 customers and companies in 102 countries use NeoFinder.
- Try NeoFinder now, and if you like it, buy your license and keep using your catalog database.
- Light Table
- Auto Updater
- Text Files Contents
- Catalog Fonts
- XML Export
Mac OS X 10.11 or later (including macOS 12 "Monterey")
64-bit Intel or Apple ARM M1/M2
- Catalog Astronomy AVM Metadata
- "Google Drive" support
- More bug fixes
"Moving from Media Pro to NeoFinder was a doddle. The developers even offer a 'sidegrade' discount for people making this transition."
"I kept trying to trip it up – going for searches that I knew other applications had struggled with and it passed every test I threw at it."
Neil Turner, Photographer
- Extensive NeoFinder Users Guide.
- FAQ, license Q&A.
- Free video tutorials.
- Ask our support team.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- Find photos and videos taken at any place anywhere in the world, using a street level satellite map and GPS coordinates.
- Export your photos as KMZ for Google Earth.
- Geotag your photos for you.
- Integrate NeoFinder into your existing workflows.
- NeoFinder can catalog disks right from the Finder.
- Catalog disks created by Roxio Toast.
- Drag out a file directly from NeoFinder into the Finder, Apple Pages, Keynote, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Quark XPress, or others.
- Use NeoFinder with AppleScript or special Find-URLs.
- Run Find operations.
- Check the results.
- Catalog disks automatically, it is all possible.
- Open your files from within NeoFinder in any other app, too.
- Use Apples QuickLook inside of NeoFinder.
- Only NeoFinder imports twenty-four different foreign catalog or export files.
- Extensis Portfolio (text export)
- Canto Cumulus and MediaDex (CRE files)
- WhereIsIt (Windows, XML)
- DiskCatalogMaker (Text export)
- Cache-A XML files
- ArGest Backup and TOLIS Group BRU (Text export)
- PreRoll Post CSV LTO catalogs
- Yoyotta LTO CSV reports
- storageDNA LTO reports
- Disk Recall
- Iomega FindIt
- Portents DiskTracker (1.x and 2.x)
- "Neometric" Catalog
- Broken Cross Disk Manager (Windows, XML)
- Advanced Disk Catalog (ADC for Windows, XML)
- SuperCat for Windows (“.idx” database files)
- Delicious Library XML
- "Media Catalog" (CSV export files)
- iView or PhaseOne MediaPro and Microsoft Expression Media (XML export)
- Affordable cross-grades from these products