NeoFinder 6.9.1 released
NeoFinder 6.9.1 is available today
We are happy to announce the availability of NeoFinder 6.9.1, with a lot of fixes, small improvements, and tweaks.
Improvements of NeoFinder 6.9.1:
- You can now select multiple movies for the Video Contact Sheet, and NeoFinder will generate a cool contact sheet for each of them!
- Detection of Alias files is much better now during cataloging. Due to an ever increasing number of bugs in Apples FSRef code in every new Mac OS X release, NeoFinder now uses more reliable standard unix calls to get information about Alias files
- The NeoFinder menu bar Global Find helper app is now properly codesigned
- Finding files based on their EXIF creation date now works properly
- Massively improved behaviour for cataloging certain malformed MPEG files with ffmpeg. NeoFinder no longer hangs there, but times out after 30 seconds, and proceeds with the next file
- Improved DiskCatalogMaker-Importer that works better with newer Export files
- Improved the Extensis Portfolio Importer with localisations. They save their export text file with translated headers, and NeoFinder will now recognise more of those
- Improved cataloging of certain MP3 tags edited by Metadatics.app
- Inserting copied Geotags into Found Items now works properly
- Improved the Cumulus CRE Importer for certain cases
- Improved the cataloging of certain Adobe Illustrator files that were pure EPS with no PDF data
- Improved cataloging of TIFF and JPG files with a very very large color profile
- Fixes a problem when finding certain umlauts, like ß
- Fixes a problem with "Find by path", where certain folders sometimes weren't found
- Fixes some memory leaks in the separate ThumbnailHelper process when cataloging files with certain Adobe XMP data
- Fixes a possible hang when trying to Update the catalog of a network volume in Mac OS X 10.10 and Mac OS X 10.11
- Fixes a problem when reading file comments during cataloging
NeoFinder 6.9.1 is a free update for all NeoFinder 6.x customers.
NeoFinder 6.9.1 is a paid upgrade for CDFinder customers More...
NeoFinder requires 64 bit Mac OS X 10.6.8 or newer! If you use an older Mac OS X, we still have older NeoFinder and CDFinder versions for you.