NeoFinder 6.9 released
NeoFinder 6.9 available now!
The long awaited Importer for Extensis Portfolio database Exports files is finally here!
Since this version also fixes some very important security problems, it is strongly advised to update as quickly as possible!
Features and Improvements of NeoFinder 6.9:
- Brand new Importer for Extensis Portfolio Export files allows you to rescue your valuable keywords from the discontinued Portfolio products
- Massively improved Find performance, especially on Mac OS X 10.10 and 10.11. In these two Mac OS X versions, Apple has introduced extremely slow string comparison code, which NeoFinder now replaces with its own, much better, super fast, hand optimized, code
- This version fixes the Sparkle-Updater security problem by using the safe SSL protocol
- Access to the maps of OpenStreetMap now uses the safe, encrypted SSL protocol
- Access to the MusicBrainz database for Audio-CDs now uses the safe, encrypted SSL protocol
- Improved cataloging of certain NEF RAW files that could fail to produce thumbnails and metadata
- Improved handling of new Tags when entering and editing these in the Inspector
- NeoFinder now prevents duplicate Tags from being added to files or folders
- Improved handling of protected catalog files. NeoFinder will now suppress any editing options for items in such catalogs
- Improved DiskLibrary Importer that handle large amounts of disks better
- Improved performance of the Inspector when browsing cataloged server volumes
- Cataloging of Adobe XMP data now also reads the "AuthorsPosition"
- Fixes a problem with "Find kind is NOT..."
- Fixes a possibly severe memory problem when updating a very large catalog
- Fixes a problem in Find Duplicates, where items with different modification dates could be considered identical
- Fixes a problem in Apples Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, where Apple tells NeoFinder a totally wrong number of files on SMB server volumes
- Improves compatibility with keywords added to XMP by Adobe Lightroom
- Fixes a problem with certain malformed disk image files during cataloging
- Fixes a possible problem in the movie contact sheet if certain system fonts are not available
- Many smaller enhancements and fixes
NeoFinder 6.9 is a free update for all NeoFinder 6.x customers.
NeoFinder 6.9 is a paid upgrade for CDFinder customers More...
NeoFinder requires 64 bit Mac OS X 10.6.8 or newer! If you use an older Mac OS X, we still have older NeoFinder and CDFinder versions for you.